Who Am I?
Since early 1990, I found that I loved working with people and have a knack for explaining complicated psychological concepts in ways which were both understandable and actionable. Since then I’ve personally worked with thousands of people from more than 10 different countries. I’ve addressed audiences from Sydney to London to Bahrain and everywhere in between. I’ve talked people down from suicides, inspired broken marriages, helped children and helped build first businesses. to healthy relationships, As I expand into my focus onto the population at large, my goal with this site and my writing is for a different take on the self help genre. Up until now, personal development advice has always been doled out in terms of, “I’m great, you suck, here’s how to fix yourself.” It’s the old “guru” model. And it messes people up as much as it helps them. My aim is to give advice from a place of humility; as in, “I suck sometimes, you suck sometimes; here’s how I deal with it, hopefully it helps.” I call it self help from a first-person perspective.
Aside from my working book and course, I offer personal consultations as well.
I am also available for media requests and speaking engagements. If you’d like to get in touch with me, feel free to email me. Also, feel free to connect with me through Facebook and Twitter.
- 2018 Enrolled in Cert1V Mental Health - Open University
- 2012 Cert1V in Training Assessment – Holmesglen Tafe
- 2008 Cert1V in Business Management - Kangan Batman Tafe
- 2003 Hoffman Quadrinity Process. Degree in Experiential Family of Origin Facilitation.
- 2000 Registered Nurse Nurses Board of Victoria Division 2 ID N0. 1729884 (now lapsed)
- 1995-98 Diploma in Recreation Leadership. Footscray Institute of Technology.
- Ability to build rapport easily and quickly
- Competent in understanding the referral process CIA - Assessment Tool
- Care & Recovery Co-Ordination
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Facilitated CBT Groups/Training
- Facilitated Deep Experiential Groups/Training
- Skilled in Reflective Listening practices
- Counselling Skills
- Management and leadership skills
- Clear & precise written & oral communication skills
- Ability to motivate others
- Strong and proven leadership capabilities
- Skilled in mediation and staff debriefing after critical incidents
- Good data recording and data entry skills
- Good Apple Mac computer skills
- Good IT and PC skills
- More than 20 years of Volunteer/employment in AOD
In the last 5 years the program in my private practice has had to orientate younger AOD clients and their families, as most clients that present with chronic addiction and mental health have been younger. I have advocated and changed clients daily programs to best help such a younger community in my private practice. As educator it has been important to case manage these clients and I have done so, I had a lot of experience in dealing with the families of the clients, and was able to incorporate family/Client therapy sessions using the Central Intake and Assessment method which is currently being used in the Victorian AOD system, as well as facilitating the counselling and coaching of these sessions.
I volunteered during 1990 to 2000 to care for people living with HIV/AIDS from home contact through to palliative care. My brother and his life partner and up to 28 other men in Victoria through the Fairfield Infectious Hospital System and later the Alfred Hospital. During this time I assisted health workers with the legal dispensing of the early needle exchange programs.
Personal Growth Educator
Care and Recovery Co-Ordination
Private Practice Clinic
Attend weekly Clinical supervision and present a fully comprehensive assessment and treatment plan for clients to supervisor. Drummond Street Clinic. Carlton. Victoria.
- Enthusiastic beginning of understanding and knowledge of all services available to each catchment area, and I have already a good rap or with a lot of other agencies, and services providers, for the ongoing treatment of clients and their families.
- Proficient in case note writing, data collection and recording
- Working with GP’s to continue with aftercare and treatment plans.
- Working with DHS/ Domestic Violence
- Extensive experience in Housing.
- Hoffman Process Intensives
- Mental Health complex counselling co-ordination
- OHS – Compliant and trained.
Therapeutic Healer and Coach/Consultant
- Produce and maintain relevant records
- Participate in handover/case management and staff meetings
- Liaise with staff from other programs, internal and external stakeholders
- Facilitate groups
- Maintain and oversee daily routines of the general and practice community
- Facilitate daily and weekly “Check in” with every client
- Fortnightly Supervision
- Facilitate reviews & house meetings
- Network and liaise with other health professionals
- Assess, admit and discharge clients
- Attend and participate in staff development
- Forensic Linkages/ Court appearances/case management with women who where attending court.
- Maintain private practice of 12 to 22 clients per month
- Train staff in the area of domestic violence and drug related violence.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with clinical and community service providers
- Incorporate with client, continuity of treatment plan and individual treatment plans, as well as changing prevention plans. (I.T.P Individual treatment Plans)
- Implement and main therapeutic protocols in conjunction with other service providers
- Maintain and manage persons who are displaying self-harming behaviours which impact on other clients
- Debrief clients after critical incidents within community
- Work clients who have dual diagnosis
- Aware of Riskman Assessment tool.
- Self harm strategies
- Dealing with clients in Psychosis/Strategies, de-escalation skills (talking someone down)
- Cases manage clients who needed housing and or supported accommodation
- Developed skills for the GLBTI community within the Sydney GLBTI Community
- Shamanic Healing through Transformed Self
- Visualisation and relaxation sessions
- Family Constellation Healing
- Family of Origin Healing
- REIKI Healing
- Trauma Based Healing
- Soul Retrievals
- Art Therapy
- Team Trainings
- Sports Enhancement and Coaching
2014-16 NSW Gender Centre